Licensed Practical Nurse – Casual
Licensed Practical Nurse – Casual
Health Department- Riverside Care Facility
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a highly dedicated and professional Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to join our team! The Licensed Practical Nurse will work to their full scope of practice in providing safe, quality care in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures of the FMFN Health Services Department. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to be independent, show attention to detail and provide patient oriented service.
This is a Casual position reporting directly to the Riverside Care Facility Nursing Supervisor. Available hours vary based on client and departmental needs. Day shifts range from 8 to 12 hours and 12-hour nights. Transportation is provided from your front door to work!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform and complete delegated independent nursing functions using established procedures, policies, guidelines, and facility standards.
- Utilize nursing knowledge and skills implementing basic preventative therapeutic and rehabilitative nursing care of assigned patient/family
- Assesses, plan, implement and evaluate individualized care to meet the residents' physical and emotional needs
- Communicate with relatives regarding the care and condition of respective residents as required
- Liaise with attending physicians, physiotherapist, social workers, relatives or responsible persons, nursing, dietary, activity staff, etc. to ensure effective resident care is provided
- Maintain and coordinate communication between patient/significant other, staff, and physician as evidenced within medical record, client, and health care team feedback.
- Give timely change of shift report consisting of pertinent and relevant information for assigned patients.
- Administer medication accurately, observing patient response, as evidenced by documentation in the medical record.
- Perform limited I.V. therapy, and monitoring on those patients receiving peripherally inserted intravenous fluids, as delegated by and observed by the RN Case Worker
- Procure and administer medications including injections
- Check and order inventory supplies; maintain facility equipment’s, order replacement supplies as needed.
- Collect lab specimen as per Doctors orders.
- Perform COVID-19 rapid screening and testing on staff, residents, and visitors as needed.
- Other duties shall be assigned as required.
- Graduate of an Accredited Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Education Program
- In good standing with CLPNA – experience in long-term care an asset
- Valid First Aid/CPR Health Care Provider
- Minimum 2 years of working as an LPN in a continuing care facility preferred
- A sound knowledge and background in home care nursing preferred
- Wound Care knowledge an asset
- Palliative care knowledge an asset
- Experience working in an Indigenous community including knowledge of First Nations culture, traditions and values is considered an asset
- Valid class 5 Driver’s License & Clean Driver’s Abstract Required
- Clean Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector
- Successful candidate will be required to live in (or relocate to) Fort McMurray, AB
ABOUT FORT MCKAY
The Fort McKay First Nation (FMFN) is composed of over 800 band members, including those of Cree and Dene heritage, with approximately 400 members residing in the hamlet of Fort McKay — a community located approximately 65 km north of Fort McMurray. Fort McKay offers the best of both worlds: remote northern life for the nature lover and proximity to a large city of about 70,000 people with all the amenities you need.