Education Department (E-Learning)
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a Bus Driver who is looking for an enriching experience to join our Education team. The Bus Driver will be responsible for transporting students to and from school, and other special events while maintaining student safety at all times. This is a term position from September until June working 30 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Transport students to and from school, or during field trips.
- Ensure all students get on and off the bus safely.
- Interact positively with students, parents, and staff members.
- Monitor the student’s safety and well-being while on the bus.
- Maintain a safe driving record by adhering to traffic laws, road safety regulations, and company policies.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of all children.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education is required.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working in a First Nations community including knowledge of First Nations culture, traditions and values is a definite asset
- Clean Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector required
- Valid class 4 Driver’s License & Clean Driver’s Abstract required
- Comprehensive Health benefits package with Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- An employer matched Pension Plan
- A healthy work-life balance with an on-site fitness centre
- Transportation to and from work
- The opportunity to work with a community that is committed to protecting its traditional lands - to learn more about the Moose Lake Plan visit:
ABOUT FORT MCKAY
The Fort McKay First Nation (FMFN) is composed of over 800 band members, including those of Cree and Dene heritage, with approximately 400 members residing in the hamlet of Fort McKay — a community located approximately 65 km north of Fort McMurray. Fort McKay offers the best of both worlds: remote northern life for the nature lover and proximity to a large city of about 70,000 people with all the amenities you need.